- RSS Channel Showcase 4743484
- RSS Channel Showcase 9834532
- RSS Channel Showcase 3078520
- RSS Channel Showcase 4235201
Articles on this Page
- 09/28/17--05:00: _Long Term Memory Bo...
- 10/05/17--08:54: _Kindergarten Skills...
- 10/12/17--09:13: _Cornerstone of Math
- 10/19/17--05:00: _Stressed Child – SOS!
- 10/26/17--05:00: _Reading Struggles
- 11/02/17--08:29: _ADD Resolved
- 11/09/17--05:00: _But I Want To Go To...
- 11/16/17--05:00: _Behavior Alert – Wh...
- 11/30/17--05:00: _Etiquette Made Easy
- 12/07/17--11:32: _Special Needs Resou...
- 01/04/18--07:47: _Hidden Gem
- 01/12/18--09:29: _Enhancing Giftedness
- 01/18/18--05:00: _Come and Be Encouraged
- 09/28/17--05:00: Long Term Memory Boosters
- 10/05/17--08:54: Kindergarten Skills for Academics
- 10/12/17--09:13: Cornerstone of Math
- 10/19/17--05:00: Stressed Child – SOS!
- 10/26/17--05:00: Reading Struggles
- 11/02/17--08:29: ADD Resolved
- 11/09/17--05:00: But I Want To Go To College
- 11/16/17--05:00: Behavior Alert – What’s the Root?
- 11/30/17--05:00: Etiquette Made Easy
- 12/07/17--11:32: Special Needs Resources
- 01/04/18--07:47: Hidden Gem
- 01/12/18--09:29: Enhancing Giftedness
- 01/18/18--05:00: Come and Be Encouraged
More and more families are seeking help for their children to function better emotionally, behaviorally as well as academically. Many are having long term memory problems where they seem to know something one day and not the next. One reason for this is the link between hand, eye and ear dominance. You can learn more […]
Underlying developmental building blocks are necessary for a kindergarten child to be ready for more formal academics. From Little Giant Steps’ perspective, kindergarten is the culmination of effective development in six areas. When there are gaps in one or more areas of development, children can suffer from a myriad of learning challenges and even learning […]
Is your child struggling with math? Do you have a gifted child that needs to secure a good math foundation that will let them soar? Is your 5, 9 or 15 year old having trouble remembering their math facts? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, this is the podcast for you! […]
Is your homeschool struggling with stress? A stressed-out child or momma can make for a long day! Dr. Jan discusses some of the things that can cause stress in your homeschool life and gives some practical solutions, once again, she asks you to think differently. Metabolic challenges can cause gut issues and more. These chemistry […]
Do you have a child that is a struggling reader? Have you wondered if your child has dyslexia? Once again Dr. Jan asks us to think differently and drop the thought of labels. Labels are given when you can check off a number of present symptoms. What good is that? The Neurodevelopmental Approach looks at […]
Do you have a child that is distracted, disorganized or impulsive? Has someone suggested that they are ADD and they need to be put on medication to reach their full potential? Today Dr. Jan visits with Michelle, Little Giant Steps’ Director of Parent Support, about her encounter with the ND Approach with her […]
Do your children want to go to college? Do you wonder if they can succeed? Are they struggling just to make it through high school? Is taking a test a daunting prospect? This week you will hear an inspirational testimony of a seventeen-year-old who realized his life-long dream of going to college by using The […]
Do you have a child that is constantly in trouble? They don’t look at you when you talk to them. They don’t follow directions. They don’t answer when spoken to. They will not sit still and do their school work. Guess what? This may not be defiance! Dr. Jan has worked with clients using the […]
Do your children have an awareness of the impact of good etiquette? Today Dr. Jan Bedell speaks with Monica Irvine from The Etiquette Factory about how life-enhancing proper etiquette can be. “If you are not taught, you don’t know,” is what Monica has learned from speaking with parents who have used her products. It is […]
Do you have a child with special needs? Are you lost, and you don’t know where to turn for help? Do you just need some encouragement? Today Dr. Jan Bedell talks with Peggy Ployhar, the CEO and founder of SPED Homeschool. The mission for SPED Homeschool is – Helping students succeed through parent directed special […]
Do you have a child that struggles to maintain focus when completing tasks? Do you have to supervise every minute of your teen’s school day? Today Dr. Jan Bedell visits with the founder of Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum, Dr. Ron Johnson. Doc, as many like to call him, was formerly a public-school principle and superintendent who […]
Do you have a child that is gifted? Is it difficult to stay ahead of them to keep them challenged? Today Dr. Jan Bedell, the Little Giant Steps’ Brain Coach, shares her experience with her gifted grandchildren in her multigenerational household in this episode about enhancing giftedness. She explains that it is not simply […]
Do you attend Homeschool conferences? If the answer is no, you may want to reconsider your decision not to go. Today Dr. Jan Bedell visits with Leslie Nunnery who along with her husband David, started the Teach Them Diligently Home School Conferences. Leslie shares the call they felt to encourage homeschool families to stay the […]